• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Imwen, Constant  
Forum » Main » WELCOME » Bardoch
Bardoch
BardochDate: Tuesday, 20.Apr.2010, 12:56 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Lost guildie
Hi all,
A few days ago I joined the guild. I just left a guild where not much was happening.
So I am glad I found Lost. :-)
I am new to this kind of game. In the past, before the Internet I played some RPGs. My favourite: the Ultima series. But I think that there is nobody who remembers those games. So, yes, I am old. Ancient, in fact. I have to get used to all the jargon, both for the game and for chatting. And moreover, English is not my first language. I am Dutch. But I love the interaction with the other players.
Slowly I am learning more about the game. And I am getting addicted to it...
The name Bardoch: it just sounded right. (ch pronounced as in the German 'acht').

ConstantDate: Tuesday, 20.Apr.2010, 18:24 | Message # 2
Big Boss
Group: Administrators
Welcome Bardoch and while i didnt play any part of the Ultima series i know about these games smile (was even thinking about playing some of them lately, but dont have time for that), for i am a long time RPG player too :). Hopefully you will like it here.

ChunkinesseDate: Tuesday, 20.Apr.2010, 19:45 | Message # 3
Sergeant
Group: Moderators
Hi Bardoch.

Nice to have you with us. Don't worry about feeling old - just because you remember the Ultima series doesn't make you old. You should be like me and remember 3D monster maze on the ZX81!

If you're unsure about anything just ask in guild chat. Most of us (!!) don't bite and we go out of our way to help people. We all remember that we had to start somewhere, too.

KatalanaDate: Tuesday, 20.Apr.2010, 20:25 | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: Moderators
Welcome, Bardoch.

I hope you have fun in the guild, don't be shy to chat and ask about things, or indeed share experiences and knowledge. We have at least two other Dutchies in the guild, Megashira and er, Kaswe... somebody else. I live in Nijmegen though I am not Dutch.

You'll pick up the jargon and all the acronyms quickly, and I wouldn't worry too much as an awful lot of them are "if you don't know what they mean, you don't need to" type of words. And as always if need be, ask in the Guild chat.

I hope you have some happy hunting with us.

ImwenDate: Wednesday, 21.Apr.2010, 10:20 | Message # 5
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Hello Bardoch.

I know Ultima series too and especially Ultima online. I always want play this game but in that times I donĀ“t have an internet. Anyway, I played good old games like Quest for glory, Albion, Dungeon master 2 and many many others. Yes I m old too, maybe not so much like you or Chunky, but Im old cool Btw first game I ever played on PC (not mine) was Prince of Persia in early 90s. After we bought ZX spectrum clone and fun begun biggrin

BardochDate: Wednesday, 21.Apr.2010, 12:49 | Message # 6
Private
Oh, yes, Prince of Persia, I remember that one! And then there where the games like Monkey Island. Ultima online is a game I never played, because like you I did not have internet in those days. But I played all the others.
Anyway, I hope to play this evening again, do some 'mindless killing' :-) (see, folks, i read all the guild chat when I am playing. I sometimes get killed because i am reading all the messages!)

KnisterlausDate: Monday, 26.Apr.2010, 10:42 | Message # 7
Private
Hi Bardoch, tongue
o yes, our last guild was really boring.
We had an guildleader (12 years old), 4 aktive newbes (Bardoch, Fusel, Ghorl, Knister)
and one expierienct player.

And at one day we were all running away. smile

I wish you a lot of fun. (if i can help you, just call me) smile

Laus

Forum » Main » WELCOME » Bardoch
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: